Application for New or Renewal of On-Licence

[Jump to content]


*- indicates required field.
My Account: If you login first our forms will populate with your profile details saving you time. All transactions and receipts will be available for viewing anytime. Login using Realme or create an account

Please Note: To complete the application you will need to answer all questions, supply all requested documentation and make payment of the prescribed fee in full. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact our Liquor Licencing Inspector on 06 835 7579.

Before you apply for an alcohol on-licence, please note the following:

a) You will be required to contact the Resource Consents team and the Building consents team on 06 835 7579 prior to completing this application to ensure your business is a permitted activity within the location you wish to operate from.

b) If at any point you have a question regarding this application, please call the Liquor Licensing Inspector on 06 835 7579 to discuss your application.

c) You will also be required to obtain Building and Planning Certificates and the fee for these certificates will be included in this application.

d) You will also require Food Act 2014 registration to ensure food is available when serving alcohol. Please contact the Environmental Health Officers on 06 835 7579 to discuss the requirements.

Please ensure the following documents accompany your On-Licence application

a) If the applicant is not the owner of the premises or conveyance, written consent from the owner to the effect that the owner has no objection to a licence being granted

b) A copy of all menus, food and drinks list

c) A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable)

d) Good quality scale plans of the premises or conveyance that clearly shows the following:
i) The design and layout of the premises
ii) The principle entrance
iii) Any designated areas must also be clearly highlighted

e) A photo of the exterior of the premises showing the principal entrance

f) A copy of your host responsibility policy and alcohol management plan. Details of how the matters described in the policy will be implemented must be included

g) If you are using an alcohol licensing consultant, a letter authorising your consultant to act on your behalf

h) A copy of Fire Safety Report (NZBC C1-C6) noting the safe maximum occupancy number for the premises

i) The initial annual fee must be paid before the licence is issued

j) A copy of a Resource Management Certificate and Building Code (or Interim Building Code) Certificate is required

To the Secretary, Napier District Licensing Committee:

Select your premises type and trading hours to determine the applicable fee

Council reserves the right to amend the fee based on the type of application to ensure the appropriate fee has been charged.

The new Local Alcohol Policy (LAP) maximum trading hours are:

* Tavern/Bar/Nightclub - 8.00am to 3.00am the following day
* Cafes/Restaurants/Wineries/Function Centres - 8.00am to 2.00am the following day.

A holding is a conviction for any offence prescribed within section 288 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, or a conviction for any equivalent offence under the Sale of Liquor Act 1989.

Your session is about to time out.

You will lose any unsaved data.

Click "Continue" to extend your session.

Unfortunately, an error has occurred when processing this form. Please click "OK" to reload.